Abstract Submission is now open
Deadline for submission: 28 Jan 2024 (23:59 CEST)
All submitters will be notified by e-mail in March 2024 about the acceptance.
- Basic Neuroscience (excluding Genetics)
- Imaging and Biomarkers
- Neurosurgery (including Deep Brain Stimulation)
- Behavior, Cognition, Psychiatry
- Parkinson Disease: Genetics
- Parkinson Disease: Subtypes, natural course
- Parkinson Disease: Clinical assessment (including devices)
- Parkinson Disease: Therapy (excluding surgical, physical)
- Parkinson Disease: Other topics
- Other Parkinsonian Disorders
- Chorea, Athetosis, Ballism, Tics
- Ataxias, hereditary spastic paraparesis
- Tremors, Myoclonus
- Gait Disturbances and Other Movement Disorders
- Rehabilitation, Nursing/Physiotherapy, Other Allied Health; Patient Participation
- Oral presentation/Guided poster tour (During main congress days)*
Please Note: Presenting author must be a trainee/resident AND must be the first author of the abstract.
- Poster (for Poster Exhibition on all congress days; Guided Poster Tour for majority of posters)
- Video Case for Grand Parade of Movement Disorders (Main congress days)
* Top abstracts submitted will be selected for oral presentation. Abstracts that are accepted but not selected for oral presentation will be placed in the poster category.
IAPRD does accept encore abstracts unless they have already been published as a full article. If the abstract is already in press at a journal associated with a different congress, it cannot be re-published in the PRD journal due to copyright restrictions, although the authors can still present their work at the IAPRD Congress. Abstracts that have been presented at other meetings will not automatically be accepted — each submission must go through the abstract review process and acceptance cannot be guaranteed.
Abstract authors confirm that their abstract is the original work of the authors. By submitting their work, all authors agree to any necessary plagiarism checks of the abstract prior to publication.
Application for travel grants
The awards are aimed at promoting participation in the congress by young researchers worldwide, under the age of 35.
The deadline for travel grant application is 28 January 2024.
Two levels of travel grants are available:
– Awards for young participants from high-income countries: up to EUR 500 and registration fees
– Awards for young participants from low-income and medium-income countries: up to EUR 1,250 and registration fees.
Kindly verify the World Bank definition for high / low income countries: Click here
– The applicant needs to be under the age of 35 years at the opening date of the congress (19 May 2024) and needs to be a student, resident or trainee.
– The applicant is the presenting author.
– The Travel Grant is to be considered as financial support for travel costs only and cannot be paid out in cash.
How to apply:
– Applications can only be made during the online abstract submission process.
– Make sure that the name of the presenting author matches with the name of the applicant.
– Upload during the abstract submission the proofs of eligibility: Your ID Card or passport and a proof of trainee status